Chris Griffin, Griffin Golf – Committee Chair, 253-750-0649, firstname.lastname@example.org
David Castleberry, Harbour Pointe GC
Keith Coleman, Harbour Pointe GC
Bill Shea, Cedars at Dungeness
Tim Feenstra, Broadmoor GC
David Phay, Whidbey GC
Garrett Smithson, Cedars at Dungeness
Tyler Sweet, Sunland G&CC
Greg Talley, Fircrest GC
Provide a professional presentation of the Chapter tournaments to promote the PGA Professional, provide direct member benefits and develop an array of opportunities that benefit multiple facets of the membership.
Manage, operate and promote the Pro-Member Series, Senior Pro-Member Series, Chapter Major Championships, and other events in a first class and professional manner that helps maintain and grow their status among the very best in the Northwest and Western Washington golf.
In addition, provide ample opportunities for professionals to compete in individual and team events throughout the golfing season.
Tournaments must (i) reflect positively on the PGA, the Section, and the Chapter as well as our members; (ii) promote the leadership position of the Chapter; (iii) deliver a superior experience to our players, amateurs, and partners and; (iv) provide revenue to support both themselves as well as other Chapter programs. New event opportunities should be considered if they are aligned with the Strategic Plan of the Chapter.
The development, promotion, and retention of sponsors/business partners is essential to the tournament program’s success.
- Increase Pro-Member Participation by one additional team in each event.
- Collection of baseline and comparative data for several areas:
- Monitor Pace of Play by format – Stableford versus Stroke Play events.
- Calculate percentage of Online Registration for Pro-Member Series.
- Track participation numbers for “Dual Events” – Sr. & Regular Pro-Members on same day at same course.
- Track participation versus historical date for Pro-Member courses that are being rotated on an annual basis.
- Increase participation to 28 teams for the Patriot Golf Day Scramble (25 in 2017, 22 in 2016 and 16 in 2015).
- Promote the use of the online payment process and direct deposit option.
- Promote the use of online tee sheets and professionals bringing two teams to events.
- Find a sponsor for the inaugural 2-day Chapter Match Play Championship and fill the field with 40 players.
- Introduce the new Club Champion Pro-Am format at the 2018 selected Pro-Member.