Ryan Young, Chambers Bay – Committee Chair, 425.239.7798, email@example.com
Carissa Simmons, Team Griffin Golf
Evan Johnsen, The First Tee Greater Seattle
Sara Griffin, Team Griffin Golf
Chas Holmes, Tam O’Shanter G&CC
Branden Thompson, PGA Jr. League Regional Manager
Drive transformational participatory growth through the support of National initiatives and the support of the programs of individual professionals.
Foster a collaborative working relationship among all PGA constituents and the golf industry to grow participation in the game of golf.
Utilize and support core products and services that are embraced by the members and grow participation. Build a culture that recognizes operational champions and shares their successes for the benefit of the industry.
Player development activities must account for the critical role our membership serves in player growth by creating emotional connections to the sport through teaching and coaching and creating a safe environment for youth. The paramount goals of player development should include participatory growth and increased revenue opportunities for our members looking for opportunities to work with champions of diversity and inclusion (i.e., organizations that have successfully demonstrated growth with diverse groups) is critical to the overall success of any growth of the game strategy. It is vital that facilities are welcoming to all.
For any player development program to be successful it must expand the reach of the PGA professional, increase the relevance of the PGA and our members and raise the value and importance of the profession.
- Produce Player Development Report with at least 5 reports from each committee member (can include other WWC PGA instructors) –
- Promote and grow the PGA Jr. League Golf to 120 teams (102 teams in 2018)
- Grow 17U PGA Jr. League to 30 teams with a playoff – 7 teams in 2018 –
- Promote and grow DCP prep clinics to 15 events (10 in 2018) –
- Utilize the full $15,000 budget in support of Player Development and implement application process for Golf in Schools
- Execute Growth of the Game booth at Seattle Golf Show – February 16-17 –
- Work with Community & Charity Committee and Professional Development Committee to help with promotions and support