Ryan Young, Chambers Bay – Committee Chair, 425.239.7798, email@example.com
Carissa Simmons, Meridian Valley CC
Evan Johnsen, The First Tee Greater Seattle
Ty Sullivan-Byorick, Harbour Pointe GC
Sara Griffin, Team Griffin Golf
Chas Holmes, Tam O’Shanter G&CC
Donald Kramer, Moose Run Golf Course – Alaska
Branden Thompson, PGA Jr. League Regional Manager
Drive transformational participatory growth through the support of National initiatives and the support of the programs of individual professionals.
Foster a collaborative working relationship among all PGA constituents and the golf industry to grow participation in the game of golf.
Utilize and support core products and services that are embraced by the members and grow participation. Build a culture that recognizes operational champions and shares their successes for the benefit of the industry.
Player development activities must account for the critical role our membership serves in player growth by creating emotional connections to the sport through teaching and coaching and creating a safe environment for youth. The paramount goals of player development should include participatory growth and increased revenue opportunities for our members looking for opportunities to work with champions of diversity and inclusion (i.e., organizations that have successfully demonstrated growth with diverse groups) is critical to the overall success of any growth of the game strategy. It is vital that facilities are welcoming to all.
For any player development program to be successful it must expand the reach of the PGA professional, increase the relevance of the PGA and our members and raise the value and importance of the profession.
- Produce the 2018-2019 Player Development Report by December 31st
- Promote and grow the PGA Jr. League Golf to 100 teams
- Grow 16U PGA Jr. League to 16 teams with a playoff
- Promote and grow Drive, Chip and Putt prep clinics to 10 or more events
- Utilize the full $15,000 budget in support of Player Development and implement an application process for Golf in Schools
- Execute the Growth of the Game booth at Seattle Golf Show – March 3-4
- Work with Community & Charity Committee and Professional Development Committee to help with promotions and support (Each committee chair invited to meetings)