John Sanford, Life Member – Committee Chair
Committee members: Rick Adell, Mike Coury, Tad Davis, Rick Larson, Steve Reuhl
Create and/or enhance existing playing, professional and social opportunities for senior members of the Western Washington Chapter of the PGA of America.
Be aware of issues and concerns of the senior membership. Monitor existing participation opportunities for effectiveness and quality and make recommendations for changes or new programs, as needed.
- Increase the percentage of unique individual senior members who participate in the Senior Pro-am Series. The 2016 participation rate was roughly 33%. The target for 2017 will be 40%.
- Fill field (16 spots) for 2017 Senior Match Play event. 15 of 16 spots were filled in 2016.
- Field a more competitive team for The Hagen Cup matches. The team for 2016 consisted of 5 players in the top 10 of the end of season points standing, 5 players in the top 20 and 2 players in the top 30. The goal for 2017 will be at least 6 players in the top 10 and all the remaining players within the top 20 of the end of season points standing.
- Establish a new Western Washington Chapter ‘Senior Player of the Year’ award for 2017.
- Create avenues for playing and/or social participation for older members (70 years +) who don’t actively participate in existing chapter activities.